By Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks
Learn home windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, moment Edition is an cutting edge educational designed for directors. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you will be automating home windows initiatives swifter than you ever suggestion attainable. you are going to begin with the basics—what is PowerShell and what are you able to do with it. Then, you are going to movement systematically in the course of the recommendations and contours you will use to make your task more uncomplicated and your day shorter.
buy of the print ebook comes with a proposal of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle publication from Manning. additionally on hand is all code from the ebook.
About the Technology
PowerShell is either a language and an administrative shell with that you would be able to keep an eye on and automate approximately each point of home windows. It accepts and executes instructions instantly, and you may write scripts to control so much home windows servers like trade, IIS, and SharePoint.
About the Book
This publication is an educational designed for busy directors. simply put aside one hour an afternoon for a month and you can study the entire sensible options you want to make your activity more uncomplicated and your day shorter. this absolutely revised ebook covers new PowerShell positive aspects that run on home windows 7, home windows Server 2008 R2, and later. This version is suitable for PowerShell model three and later.
Experience with home windows management is useful. No programming event is believed.
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning—no event required!
- Covers PowerShell three and later operating on home windows 7, home windows Server 2008R2, and later
- Each lesson may still take you one hour or less
About the Authors
Powershell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks carry years as profitable running shoes to this concise, easy-to-follow booklet. Don blogs at PowerShell.com and you'll locate Jeff at jdhitsolutions.com/blog.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Meet PowerShell
- Using the assistance system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Adding commands
- Objects: info through one other name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting—and why it really is performed at the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- A sensible interlude
- Remote keep an eye on: one to 1, and one to many
- Using home windows administration Instrumentation
- Multitasking with history jobs
- Working with many gadgets, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a spot to shop your stuff
- Input and output
- Sessions: handheld remote control with much less work
- You name this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script
- Advanced remoting configuration
- Using ordinary expressions to parse textual content files
- Additional random assistance, methods, and techniques
- Using an individual else's script
- Never the end
- PowerShell cheat sheet