By Scott Meyers
Coming to grips with C++11 and C++14 is greater than an issue of familiarizing your self with the gains they introduce (e.g., auto kind declarations, circulate semantics, lambda expressions, and concurrency support). The problem is studying to exploit these gains effectively—so that your software program is true, effective, maintainable, and transportable. That’s the place this useful ebook is available in. It describes tips to write actually nice software program utilizing C++11 and C++14—i.e. utilizing modern C++.
- The professionals and cons of braced initialization, noexcept requirements, excellent forwarding, and clever pointer make functions
- The relationships between std::move, std::forward, rvalue references, and common references
- Techniques for writing transparent, right, effective lambda expressions
- How std::atomic differs from volatile, how every one might be used, and the way they relate to C++'s concurrency API
- How most sensible practices in "old" C++ programming (i.e., C++98) require revision for software program improvement in smooth C++
Effective smooth C++ follows the confirmed guideline-based, example-driven structure of Scott Meyers' prior books, yet covers completely new material.
"After I realized the C++ fundamentals, I then realized how you can use C++ in creation code from Meyer's sequence of potent C++ books. Effective sleek C++ is crucial how-to e-book for recommendation on key instructions, types, and idioms to take advantage of sleek C++ successfully and good. do not personal it but? purchase this one. Now".
-- Herb Sutter, Chair of ISO C++ criteria Committee and C++ software program Architect at Microsoft